|"Hey Mom, can Penguin join us for dinner?"|
|"It will be a formal attire, of course... "|
|"... I can see you're already dressed!"|
Dog Blog Post #778
- Daily Dog Challenge 286. Elegance - Illustrate your definition of elegance with a photo today!
- Our Daily Challenge - Aug. 12, 2012 - Delicate
Zachary in a tux works for me for Elegance, but Delicate?
The Penguin's balance on the iceberg?
A Tux made from felt, spare buttons, a bit of glue, and scotch tape?
… yeah, probably a bit of a stretch on all counts.
Meet the newest addition to our stuffed animal menagerie. This little fellow comes from Kohls - a $5 special that just couldn't resist hoping into my basket.
The plan was to use Zachary's Tux and Mr. (Miss?) Penguin to create "Elegance", along with a storage box with a few extra containers on top draped in white fabric for an iceberg, a "delicate" rose, and a problematic blue fabric for the icy-cool backdrop.
1. This fabric just doesn't seem to do well under my lights, or possibly in combination with the boys fur, and usually causes me White Balance nightmares.
2. I was trying to figure out why my crayon shots (taken earlier in the day - I'll post tomorrow) weren't as focused as I thought they ought be.
1. As I shoot raw, this is a post-production problem. However, I was pleased to see that my recent toe-dipping into histogram analysis for white balance... er... balancing seems to be helping things. That is, I was able to get something that approximated reality without using too many bad words.
2. I was fiddling with the Nikon d7000's AF Fine Tuning feature - one of those bells and whistles that one should never have to (or, if you believe the manual, should just plain never) fiddle with. Seems to have helped, though. I find these pictures to be pleasantly sharp.
|"Mmmm... Penguin. For dinner."|
CORRECTION: Oh dear, there appears to have been a transcription error.
It seems Henry actually said, "Marvelous, Penguin joining us for dinner!"
The editorial staff wishes to express their sincerest apologies to Master Henry for their error, and hopes his lawyer will now run along and find someone else to pester.
-- Like the idea of a daily dog photography prompt? Click on Daily Dog Challenge and join us!
© 2012 BZ Training - All Rights Reserved