Dog Blog Post #770
- Our Daily Challenge - Aug 4, 2012 - "Journey"
- 100 Pictures - "36. Vacation"
- Daily Dog Challenge"278. With A Flourish"
Good grief, what are those two up to now?!?!
The weather took a turn for the cooler, I had a bit of time to myself, and so off to Party City I sprinted to see if I could score some cheap props.
It did not disappoint.
1. Can you say, "Wrinkles"! Geez, the bag even touted what a great backdrop the Palm Tree Scene Setter would be "as a background for taking pictures at your summer party". Really? And it's shiny. Shiny! Wrinkled and shiny!
2a. Hats - my love and the bane of my existence. I actually purchased two, identical, straw hats (well, as identical as two buck straw hats can get) but they stuck out so far that one kept taking out the other, and trying to get the boys to sit further apart wasn't happening.
2b. Hats - my love and the bane of my existence. I'm not sure whose head these hats were supposed to fit, but the crowns were too small for my boy's heads and most hats are too big.
3. Unlike the too-small hats, the leis were way too long for a dog (see photo #2 above).
1. Hey, it was just $4.99, stores in no space at all, and can be held in place with clips and tape, making it a bargain, wrinkles and all. I've since googled Scene Setters, and it appears that if I store it wrapped color-side out around a cardboard tube it might look less wrinkly next time. Tipping the board it's clipped to forward also helped with shine, as the flash didn't reflect straight back at the lens except from the wrinkled spots.
2a/b. How many hats do you see in the picture? One. Problem solved!
I left a hat on Zachary's head as it was the better fit of the two dogs, and gave Henry my sunglasses. If his smile looks extra big, it's probably because he's NOT the dog wearing the silly straw hat.
Zachary's smiling because he's a goofy dog who loves props - including silly straw hats.
3. A small binder clip neatly "resized" the leis behind the dogs' necks, completely out of sight (see photo #1 up top.)
Editor's Note: Wait a minute... those are margarita glasses. ZACHARY!
-- Like the idea of a daily dog photography prompt? Click on Daily Dog Challenge and join us!
© 2012 BZ Training - All Rights Reserved